Hello GSAR! Below is a list of rules we think are important to consider when using these forums. Keep in mind that these are only guidelines, so also exercise common sense and your own good judgment when posting. Please note that it is ultimately up to staff discretion to determine whether an action is acceptable or not, as well as to decide possible disciplinary action. Nonetheless, we strongly believe in the value of collective efforts by the community in defining what is appropriate, so feel free to voice any questions or concerns you may have to any of our staff members.
- General: Remain courteous at all times. Be respectful of other members’ opinions, beliefs, and preferences, even if they are different from your own.
- Profanity and Mature content: While there is no strict policy on the use of profanity, we ask that you keep your language as clean as possible. For posts containing mature or potentially disturbing content, use spoiler tags and provide warnings where necessary. It goes without saying that pornography, of any kind, is strictly prohibited on this site.
- Spam: As a general rule, posts should respond to the discussion at hand in a meaningful way. Non-serious topics and shenanigans can go in the Edge of the World forum, where spam is not moderated.
- * Poly-posting: Creating multiple posts in succession with no feedback from other members is generally not acceptable. Exceptions include threads containing original content, posted in The Gallery, The Library, or Character Bios. Try to condense your posts and provide an outline when possible. If you wish to correct an error made in a previous post, please use the “Edit” option.
- Necromancy: Reviving an old thread can sometimes be more convenient and logical than starting a new thread, but it should be avoided unless necessary. When deciding whether or not to revive an old thread, please take into consideration the date of the last post, and make sure that 1) you have read through all of the original content; 2) your post provides adequate and meaningful contribution to the original discussion; 3) you believe there is room for further discussion. If you are ever in doubt about the appropriateness of a necro-post, just ask!
- The Courtroom: This subforum is reserved for serious debates. The distinction between the Courtroom and the general Off-Topic forum should be reflected in the length and quality of your posts. When posting in this section, make sure you have first considered the positions of the other participants, and be prepared to explain your thought process and support your arguments.
If at any time, you find another member’s posting behavior to be inappropriate, you may submit a report to the staff by clicking the “Report” button located at the bottom of each post and PM. Alternatively, you may contact one of the moderators or administrators directly, and we will work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
On a final note, staff members also have the ability to edit and combine posts, move or delete topics, etc. We are here to help, so if you're ever in need of any kind of forum assistance, please do not hesitate to ask!
Thanks, and happy posting!
The GSAR Staff